This essay Earth 2 Puzzle has a total of 734 words and 4 pages.
Earth 2 Puzzle
A. The main idea of this story is for the colonists that landed on the new earth to get out of the terrian's (an alien life that lives on the planet) underground city, that was thought to be built a long time ago.
1. One event that is really important to the plot of the story was, the colonists were wondering in the dessert for days. They were running out of water, their best bet was to follow their tracers to the nearest body of water. An underground city was the closest thing to having water. Another important event that led up to the plot of the story was, It was migration time for the buffalo like creatures on the planet. As the colonists were making there way through the desert, the creatures broke one of there primary water tanks which is what made them head toward the sacred city.
2. The problem that the main character must sole by the end of the story is, Devon Adair must find a way out of the terrian tunnels. The colonists and her were trapped in them by a puzzle that was misinterpreted by Devon.
3. The climax of the story is when one of the colonists got part of the tunnel buried on him and everyone had to dig to get him out. This is the high point in the story because earlier in the story he had a dream that that would happen to him.
4. The story ends when the colonists get out of the tunnel alive. They pop up in a part of the sacred city they have never seen before, but manage to unlock the puzzle of trying to get out of that part of the city. They meet up with the colonists that were not trapped inside the tunnel.
a. I think the ending was respectable. It had its good and bad points. One good point is no one died. One bad point is they just leave you hanging to wait till the next book comes out.
b. At the end of the book I felt happy because their mission did not end and there is a possibility for a new book to come.
c. The ending was very logical in terms of events because it took the group to figure out all different kinds of puzzles and traps. At the end of the book they had to figure out another puzzle to get out of the underground city.
A. I believe the direct them of the story were, If you put your mind to it you can conquer any problem or situation. Not just when you are in situation where it is a life or death situation, but when it is just a problem you can solve it yourself.
1. The author comment on life was pretty good. He described the wildlife on other planets the way he wanted and also had a very god point to what kind of disease are going to come out in the 21st century.
B. The least implied theme about the characters was the way they looked. The author expected you to know what the characters looked like and expected you to know what the show was about because he thought that the only people reading the book watched the show when it was on TV.
A. The conflict was a clash of actions. These ideas were always to solve mysteries about the unknown and questions about what is yet to be discovered. Questions like "what is it" and "Where did it come from" popped up often.
B. The conflict took place between the character as well as with in the character. The conflict took place between the character because the character had to do physical things to get out of the problem. The conflict took place within the character because the character had to think things out to find the answers to the problems.
Devon Adair- The leader for the colonists to be safe, and get there way to what is called New Pacifica on the New World
John Danzegar- Colonist that crash-landed with the rest of the crew, Fixes all things that need maintenance.
True Danzegar- John danzegar's daughter, smart and helps her father out with the maintenance
Alanzo- Captain of the ship before it crash-landed on the planet.
Julie- Doctor of the colonists, helps out with medical needs.
Topics Related to Earth 2 Puzzle
Colonist, Earth 2, Creatures, Planets in fiction, Mars in fiction, Colony in Space, Remnant Population, devon adair, water tanks, best bet, terrian, sacred city, earth 2, new earth, underground city, alien life, important event, colonists, body of water, closest thing, tracers, high point, different kinds, climax, tunnels, dessert, traps
Essays Related to Earth 2 Puzzle